- 3/4 cups all-purpose gluten free flour (I used Pillsbury)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 medium lime, juiced + zest
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1-2 tablespoons tequila
For the tequila lime frosting
- 1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2¾ cups (312 grams) powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- Pinch of coarse salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tin with paper liners and set aside
In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix together with a fork and set aside.
In another large bowl, beat the coconut oil on using a hand mixer on high until broken up into small pieces. Add in the sugar and mix for 1-2 minutes (or until incorporated). Add in the egg, lime juice, almond milk and tequila and mix for 30 seconds until combined.
With the mixer on low, slowly add in the dry ingredients by adding a little, mixing it in and then adding some more until the wet and dry ingredients have been combined.
Evenly pour the batter into the liners up to about 2/3 full and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Allow the cupcakes to completely cool before applying any frosting.
- Combine butter and sugar using a hand mixer on high speed
- Once incorporated, add in tequila (feel free to be generous with it!) and lime juice
- Add a sprinkle of salt and continue mixing
- Use a piping bag to frost the cupcakes, and zest with a lime (for added beauty)