April 25, 2013 in The Healthy Latina
It’s April 2013 and The Healthy Latina officially celebrated its first year of publication…in February! Just a little late, but definitely worth celebrating! If you’ve been reading since the beginning, thank you! If this is your first time reading, bienvenidos y gracias!
I have been so surprised by the overwhelming support I have received to continue publishing posts on Latina health topics and health information. Take a look at this year’s best and I can’t wait to celebrate another year to come!
Here’s a quick look back through the various designs The Healthy Latina has seen…
The best of Latina Magazine
This past year, I began to freelance write articles for Latina Magazine! As a reader of Latina for years, contributing to their online site has been a great experience.
- Health Halo: The Less-Than-Angelic Side to Your Snacking
- The Lazy Chica’s Guide to Fitness
- Latina Suicide Rates on the Rise- What you need to know
- The Truth About Detox Diets
The best recipes
Although I am nothing like mi abuela when it comes to cooking, I started to experiment with creating healthier versions of foods and flavors I love. Now if only I could figure out how to photograph food…
- The Latina Veggie Platter
- Chicken and Lime Soup with Avocado
- Avocado Fries with Lime Ranch Dipping Sauce
The best information
These articles are my favorite; they combine the good information from my health geeky side and still provide great information.
- Modifiable Health Risk Behaviors: Poor Nutrition, Physical Activity and Tobacco Use.
- Be FITT
- La ciencia del amor
- Your corazon needs some love
Health blogging has been such a rewarding experience and I am forever grateful for all of the readers, supporters and followers of The Healthy Latina. Here’s to many more years to come! Mil Gracias!